Burrito God

Hello there.

I remember one day I had a dream about this large burrito thingy looming over my bed, demanding for my money that I had in my moneybox. Thus, to commemorate the surrendering of my wealth to this strange burrito entity, I had decided to write a short story about the whole ordeal. But, being an easily-distracted-human, I decided that I was too lazy thus making this as a prompt instead. Maybe I'll come back here in the future and write a full-on story on the burrito god. Who knows? 

Disclaimer: this prompt is in no way promoting shirk or any burrito religion.
_________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up with a start, a growl threatening to emerge from the back of my throat as the blinding sunlight peeking from between the curtains hit my face with such ferocity as if saying—WAKE UP, YOU LAZY GIRL. It WAS Sunday after all, a girl needs her beauty sleep, right? “Emily, wake up! Its already half past noon, for God’s sake!”, my dearest roommate blessing my ears with her angelic voice. No, not really. Ugh, so much for a beauty sleep. The growl I tried to suppress finally came out as my comfy blanket was violently snatched from my body, leaving me shaking from the cold air. Hah! Who am I kidding? More like shaking from fury! “Claire! I’m too young to freeze to death. Have mercy on me,” I groaned, rolling around in the sheets, successfully making a human burrito.

   Yes! I have succeeded in the art of burritos! Oh, bless me, god of Burrito. I subconsciously heard Claire rambling about how me being very unladylike. Blah, blah, blah! Shush, woman! I’m having a crucial moment with the Burrito God! My moment with the burrito were rudely interrupted by Claire’s shrill voice,” Emily! Are you even listening?” “Uhm, honestly? No. “, I said sheepishly while putting on the cutest face I can while looking like a fat burrito. Yum. My face immediately fell when my eyes caught sight of Claire looking like hungry bear. Which she is, hehe. I smile discreetly at my own thoughts. Apparently, not discreet enough because Claire’s glare intensified. 

ABORT! ABORT! THE BEAR IS GOING TO EAT US! 

“Okay, okay. I’m up, I’m up,” I grumbled while trying to remove my layers of burrito off me. I look at my warm bed and sheets sadly.  Farewell, Burrito God. Till we meet again. 
_________________________________________________________________________________

Love is a strange thing, eh? People all around the world are in (hopefully) relationship, while me here is in a (definitely loving) relationship with my bed. Is there such a thing? I do hope so.

-tom



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, as I Disappear

In The Face of Technology